Install Blackboard Drive
Steps to install Bb Drive:
1. Run the appropriate executable for your computer found here:
Installers for Windows
•64-bit - https://files.xythos.com/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-e2553958_files-t_YjyNwpr7
•32-bit - https://files.xythos.com/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-e2553959_files-t_i0u0FBnZ
Release Notes: https://files.blackboard.com/users/jporter/BbDrive_Win_Release_Notes.pdf
Installer for Mac
2. Click on the file that just downloaded in Step 1. This should be in the bottom left area of your screen.
3. Select language (English)
4. Click Next
5. Check Agreement, click Next. You may get a message saying "Ready to Install Blackboard Drive"
6. Select Destination Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackboard\Drive\ Click "Next"
7. Select preferred "Installation Options", Click Next.
8. You will get a "Completed" screen. Click "Finish".
9. You will get a message saying you must restart your computer.
10. After restart, you will get a message to "Please Stop and Read". Click "Accept"
11. Upon startup, the program runs minimized in the System Tray.
Verify that the BbDrive icon is displayed within the system tray and click on it.
12. Add a Volume
The window should open with the Volumes tab active. Click the plus (+) sign in the bottom left corner to add a Volume.
13. Configure the Volume
Give the volume a name. The letter "E" should work
Enter one of the following URL's into the Full URL field depending on which folder you want to link to: (I recommend the 3rd option as that will give you access to all of your folders)
- Enter "https://pgcconline.blackboard.com/bbcswebdav/courses" in the Full URL field to link to your Courses folder. (this will link you to the folder that contains all of your courses)
- Enter "https://pgcconline.blackboard.com/bbcswebdav /users/<your username> in the Full URL field to link to your User content folder. (this is your personal folder)
- Enter "https://pgcconline.blackboard.com/bbcswebdav" in the Full URL field to link to the Institution folder (linking to this folder will give you access to all of your folders).
Enter your Blackboard username and password for Username and password.
14. Click "Connect" to connect to Blackboard.
15. You should get a message that says "Connected".