Blackboard (Bb) Jumpstart
QUICK GUIDE Instructions for Using Blackboard
Beginning Fall 2014, all our faculty are being asked to develop five elements in a Blackboard course to support and enhance every credit class offered on campus. These are the five items:
- Faculty Contact Information
- Announcements, including but not limited to: welcome announcements, reminders, weather-related announcements, and course cancellation notices
- Course Syllabus
- Course Schedule (Calendar)
Click on the links above for simple Quick Guide instructions for posting these elements in your Blackboard class site(s).
(brief printable instructions)
- How to create Faculty Contact Information, Announcements, Course Syllabus, and edit/delete in Blackboard
- Getting Started with Course Content
- Getting Started with The Grade Center
- It is highly recommended that you use Mozilla Firefox 22 or higher, or Chrome 27 or higher, when using Blackboard.
- When editing or adding content to Blackboard, be sure that the Edit Mode is "ON" (found in the upper right corner of the course window).