Verify in Owl Link the course name, number and section that you are assigned to teach online
- If you are not the instructor on record in Owl Link, please contact your department chair to update Owl Link. This is also important so that you can monitor student enrollments.
- If you are listed in Owl Link as the instructor, you should see your course shell in Blackboard if it is within 45 days of the start date of the course.
Identify “special requirements” for students taking your online course
- Special requirements include: on-campus testing and other campus meetings, special software/hardware/multimedia used in the course, etc.
- You will receive an email from eLearning requesting any special requirements needed for your course. Please fill out this form when received. This is used to update our Class Schedule webpage with course information.
Decide if you will be conducting an Instructor-led Orientation Session
- If you are interested in conducting an on-campus session to meet with your students on the evening of eLearning Orientation session, contact eLearning Services to coordinate the session.
Get your Blackboard course ready for students:
Update course syllabus, course dates, announcements and other information
Verify your course listing on the eLearning Website to ensure your course information is accurate.
Finalize all course updates in Blackboard to ensure the course is ready for student access
- Online students gain access to their online course materials 4 days prior to the course start date. This allows students to view the syllabus and prepare to begin the online course.
Check course roster in Owl Link to monitor number of enrolled students
Prepare for your Instructor-led Orientation session (if applicable)
Check eLearning Calendar for Important Events for Online Instructors
On the Evening of eLearning Orientation Session:
- Conduct your scheduled Instructor-led Orientation session (if applicable)
4 days prior to the course start date:
- Be prepared for students to access your course; Encourage students who missed the eLearning Orientation session to view the Online Orientation
On the Start Date of the Course:
- BEGIN YOUR ONLINE COURSE!