Free Online Tutoring
Prince George's Community College
Smarthinking is an online tutoring service that Prince George's Community College is making available to its students. Smarthinking provides tutoring in a variety of subjects, some of which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
With Smarthinking you can:
- Connect with a Tutor and interact live
(See examples of live, drop-in tutoring)
- Submit your Writing for any class to their Online
(See an essay submission example)
- Submit a Question and receive a reply from a tutor
How To .... in Smarthinking?
A series of Smarthinking video tutorials that will help you understand how to use Smarthinking. Click on the links below to take you directly to each video.
- How to Schedule a Tutoring Session
- How to Use a Whiteboard
- How to Use Drop in Tutoring
- How to Submit an Essay
- How to Use Writing Feedback
- How to Communicate with Tutors
- Get Writing Help
- Smarthinking Tutorial Overview
Accessing SMARTHINKING through PGCC is simple:
- Log in to Blackboard: http://pgcconline.blackboard.com using your Blackboard username and password (same as Owl Link)
- Go to your online course
- Click "Quicklinks" on the course menu
- Click "SMARTHINKING Free Online Tutoring"
NOTE: Each student is allowed 180 minutes per semester.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips
- Please disable all popup blockers for services.smarthinking.com
- Make sure that your browser is set up to allow cookies and pop-up windows (SMARTHINKING uses both of these)
- Make sure that you have Java installed. If you need to install Java, go to Java's Website and follow the instructions for the free download.
- For a full list of the most up to date settings, please refer to SMARTHINKING's Technical FAQ page
Need Help using SMARTHINKING?
- Once you log in, view the SMARTHINKING Student Handbook for all you need to know about navigating the website and using the service.
- The SMARTHINKING Technical Support team is available to assist you. First, check the information in the Customer Support section of your Smarthinking home page to answer any questions about using the service. If you still need help, contact support@SMARTHINKING.com Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST (someone will respond to you within 24-48 hours).
- If you are a faculty/staff member with questions, please contact eLearning Services at (301) 546-0463 or eLearning@pgcc.edu.