Welcome to the Spring 2017 semester!
Use the Following Links for Important Information:
eLearning highly recommends that either Firefox or Chrome is used with Blackboard. Click here for more browser information.
For additional resources, click on the eStudent Resources tab above and/or see links to the left.
Still have questions? Contact eLearning Services
Have you downloaded the Blackboard Student Mobile App?
Blackboard's new mobile app enables you to view and interact with courses, instructors, classmates and content right from your mobile device.
Please note that due dates will only be displayed in the mobile app if your instructor uses the Due Date feature in Blackboard. You must check Blackboard for official due dates. Not all tasks can be completed with the mobile app and it is NOT recommended to take a test using the mobile app.
Click here for more information on the Blackboard Student app.
Did you know that you can receive text messages from Blackboard to notify you when Announcements, Assignments or Tests become available?
You have the option to edit the way you receive these Blackboard notifications. For information on how to edit your notification settings, click here and scroll down to "Choose how and when you get notifications". For more information on the Notification Dashboard and how to edit your settings, click here. If you select to receive text notifications (SMS) or 'Text to Voice" you must have your mobile phone number listed in your Personal Settings.
Keep current on PGCC news, events, information, important announcements, and personal information like your grades. Go to myPGCC and log in with your Owl Link username and password.
Access Blackboard from within the myPGCC portal: Students are able to click on the Blackboard course link from the myPGCC portal and go directly to the Blackboard course, without additional login to Blackboard.
"AUTOMATIC" UPDATES TO STUDENT ENROLLMENTS IN BLACKBOARD COURSES
To test your Blackboard login, students can log in to the Blackboard system on the day after registration. Blackboard course sites will not be available until 4 calendar days prior to the start date of the course. Students MUST have a students.pgcc.edu email account in Colleague in order to be added to Blackboard.
Registered students will be added to the Blackboard course site the day after registering in Owl Link. In addition, students will be removed from their Blackboard courses within one hour of withdrawing. Students receiving an 'FX' grade in a course will be removed from that Bb course site within 48 hours of receiving the FX grade in Owl Link. Please check your Owl Link schedule to make sure you are enrolled in the correct courses.
***** NEW Spring 2017 Students *****
New students registered for the Spring 2017 semester will not be able to log in to Blackboard until 40 days prior to the start date of the course. Also, Blackboard course sites will not be available until 4 calendar days prior to the start date of the course.
eLearning ORIENTATION for first-time online and hybrid/online students:
- First-time online students are encouraged to attend the on-campus orientation that is conducted during the Fall and Spring semesters in the Center for Advanced Technology (CAT) Building. Click here for information on the general orientation session held for all first-time online and hybrid/online students. Additionally, individual faculty may choose to offer a mandatory course orientation. To find out whether or not your instructor is offering a course orientation for the Spring 2017 semester, click here.
- If you miss your required instructor-led orientation, then contact your instructor.
- All online and hybrid/online students are automatically enrolled in a Blackboard course “eLearning Online Student Orientation.” From this Blackboard course, students can access the online student orientation and other helpful information to help them get started in their online course. First-time online students, view the Student Online Orientation from your list of courses. Note: The orientation course is not graded or required.
The Spring 2017 semester begins on Monday, January 23, 2017.
The start date of online and on-campus courses vary during the semester. For accelerated courses that begin after the start date of the semester, check the Accelerated Online Class Schedule for the start and end dates of your course. Blackboard course sites will be available to students 4 days prior to the start date of the course.
- Online classes beginning on January 23rd will become available on January 19, 2017.
- Online classes beginning after January 23rd will become available 4 days prior to the start date of the course. For example, courses beginning on February 6th will be available to students on February 2nd.
- For accelerated courses that begin after the start date of the semester, check the Accelerated Online Class Schedule for the start and end dates of your course or check 'My Class Schedule' in Owl Link for the start and end dates of your course.
On-Campus Classes Using Blackboard
- On-campus classes beginning on January 23rd will become available on January 19, 2017.
- On-campus classes beginning after January 23rd will become available 4 days prior to the start date of the course. For example, courses beginning on February 6th, will be available to students on February 2nd.
- Check 'My Class Schedule' in Owl Link for the start and end dates of your course.
Login to Blackboard using your Owl Link username and password.
There are two reasons why most students cannot see their courses in Blackboard:
- Blackboard course sites will appear four days prior to the start date of the course (see "When do classes begin" for details).
- It will take up to two hours after registration or "class schedule changes**" to see your course in Blackboard. You MUST have a students.pgcc.edu email account for your Blackboard account to be created.
**Class schedule changes include: new registrations, add/drop courses, drops for nonpayment, NA grade drops, course withdrawals.
Confirm your course schedule in Owl Link by checking the "My Class Schedule" link.
This also applies to accelerated (late start) courses that begin later in the semester. Check Owl Link for the start date of your course to determine when the Blackboard site will appear.
Please Note: Accelerated courses are full semester courses that are condensed to allow students to complete a 15-week course in a shorter timeframe. Due to the condensed nature of accelerated courses, it is imperative that you are ready to begin your course on the start date.
- “Late Start” courses are made available to students 4 days prior to the start date of the course.
- You can register for an accelerated course up to the start date of the course.
- Check Owl Link for availability and registration information.
- Changes made to your Owl Link schedule should be transferred to Blackboard within an hour.