Careers, Courses, Training, Certificates . . .
Green Careers Now Available
Are you interested in a professional career in environmental services?
Prince George's Community College (PGCC) offers online coursework for "Green"/Renewable Energy Training, provided by ProTrain.
PGCC now offers courses on:
- LEED for New Construction v2.2 Exam Prep
- Certified Microbial Investigator (CMI)
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Manager (CIAQM)
- Fundamentals of Mold Inspection
- Water Treatment Operations Certificate
- Weatherization Energy Auditor
- Home Energy Analyst (HERS)
Additional green training is also available, such as:
- Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE)
- Solid Waste Operations Certificate
- Wastewater Treatment Operations Certificate
- Fundamentals of Solar Hot Water Heating
- Photovoltaic System Design & Installation
- Green Building Sales Professional
- Green Supply Chain Professional (GSCP)
- Green Building Technical Professional
- Certified Sustainability Professional
- Green Building for Contractors
- Energy-Efficient Design for Architects
- Fundamentals of Sustainable Buildings
Continuing Education Certificate, Solid Waste Operations
This 132 hour program provides foundational training in solid waste management as it relates to landfill operations, composting operations, household hazardous waste and solids in wastewater operations. These courses meet or exceed most state requirements for the education components of certification and/or licensing required for solid waste professionals.
Requirements include successful completion of the following courses:
- CIE-302 Landfill Operations
- CIE-303 Composting Operations
- CIE-304 Household Hazardous Waste
- CIE-305 Wastewater Treatment II
Once a student has completed these requirements, he/she should call 301-546-0120 for verification and to request a certificate.