Hardware & Software Requirements
- A Pentium-class or Mac computer with at least 1 GB RAM
- Broadband (DSL, Cable, FIOS) is highly recommended
- An Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Your PGCC student email address
- The recommended browser is Firefox.
- Word Processing software (Microsoft Word is the college standard)
- Multimedia is required in some courses
- Click here for supported browser information.
- Click here for a quick browser check.
Click here to download the latest browser version.
The Blackboard mobile Learn application "Bb Student" gives students and faculty access to their courses, content, and organizations on a variety of mobile devices including Android™, BlackBerry® and iPhone OS. Click here for more details.
Students can take this program from either a Mac or PC. It's compatible with Windows XP and later operating systems, including Windows 8.
- Internet access
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox Web browser
- Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (two free and simple downloads you can obtain at http://www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader).
- For a quick browser check, click here.
- System Requirements: Internet Access Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections. Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience.
- Minimum Pentium 400 MHz CPU or G3 Macintosh required to support audio playback. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- Minimum 512 MB RAM. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- Hardware/Software: Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable.
Mac computers are highly recommended to have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple's website) 1 GB RAM minimum recommended.
(Note: A sound card is required in your computer along with speakers or headphones.)
- Operating Systems: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Mac OSX 10 or higher. OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher. OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
- Web Browsers: Google Chrome is recommended. Firefox 13 or greater. Internet Explorer 6.x or greater. Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
Mac computers are recommended to use the latest version of Safari. Most Skillsoft courses work well with OS X and Safari 4.x and above. Make sure you have the latest versions of Java and the Adobe Flash player for the Mac installed. Firefox on the Mac is not supported.
- Software Requirements: Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater. Oracle Java 7 or greater. Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
(Note: Installing applications requires that you have administrative privileges for your machine. If you do not have administrative privileges on your computer and/or do not feel comfortable installing computer applications, contact your group desktop support person to assist you.)
- Web Browser Settings: Accept Cookies. Disable Pop-up Blocker.
- See more at: http://www.protrainedu.org/FAQs#sthash.pAN8V3Jj.dpuf
Web Accessibility Support
- SkillPort supports JAWS screen reader software, versions 3.7u, 4.0, and 4.51.
- JAWS 3.7u and 4.0 require 256 color resolution.
(Note: Real Player - If you should find this listed, click "Remove" to delete it from your system. The program, while not detrimental to your system, does prevent Adobe flash and hence, the course, from working properly.)