All first-time online and hybrid/online students should complete orientation, which is conducted online in Blackboard.
All credit students are automatically enrolled in a Blackboard course "Student Bb Orientation." From this Blackboard course, students can access the online student orientation and other helpful information to get started in their online course. Credit students can view the Student Online Orientation from their list of courses in Blackboard.
Note: The orientation course is not graded or required. However, it is highly recommended.
Orientation contains information on:
- The basics of online learning and your online course(s)
- Requirements for online students
- Online student responsibilities
- How to determine if your computer has the minimum hardware and software requirements
- The learning and technical skills you will need to be a successful online student
- How to log in and use Blackboard
- The virtual campus and resources available to online students