- Choose question
All first-time online and hybrid/online students should complete orientation, which is conducted online in Blackboard.
All credit students are automatically enrolled in a Blackboard course " Student Bb Orientation." From this Blackboard course, students can access the online student orientation and other helpful information to get started in their online course. Credit students can view the Student Online Orientation from their list of courses.
Note: The orientation course is not graded or required. However, it is highly recommended.
Some instructors also conduct mandatory instructor-led orientation sessions. Your instructor will contact you via email with further instructions on how and when to access their orientation.
Orientation contains information on:
- The basics of online learning and your online course(s)
- Requirements for online students
- Online student responsibilities
- How to determine if your computer has the minimum hardware and software requirements
- The learning and technical skills you will need to be a successful online student
- How to log in and use Blackboard
- The virtual campus and resources available to online students
View Your Course Dates and Details
Go to the online class schedules for information about course dates and details. Be sure to note your course’s start date and the name of your instructor so that you are prepared to start learning.
Set up your Owl Mail account
You must set up your Owl Mail account. Once your course begins, the ONLY way the College and your instructor are allowed to communicate with you is through your Owl Mail account, and all email sent through Blackboard goes to that email account. Activate your Owl Mail account here.
Get Started Checklist
Please Note: Due to COVID-19, ALL SUMMER 2020 SEMESTER COURSES WILL BE TAUGHT ONLINE
I've registered for an online class - now what? The online classroom is different from attending a class on campus. Complete the following tasks to get started in your Online, Hybrid/Online, or Accelerated Online course.
- May 28: Summer 2020 courses starting on June 1st become available in Blackboard to students
- June 1: First day of the Summer 2020 semester
- June 1: First day of Summer 2020 online and hybrid courses
Full Semester Courses
Full semester (15-week courses) begin for the Summer 2020 semester on June 1st. If your course starts after this date, it is considered an Accelerated Course.
All courses that begin after the beginning of the semester (June 1, 2020) or end before the official end of the semester are Accelerated Online courses. Students registered for an Accelerated Online course will have access to the Blackboard course site 4 calendar days (during the summer, fall, and winter sessions), and 5 calendar days (during the spring sessions) prior to the start date of the course.
- If (during the summer session), the course start date is on June 16, students will be able to access their course on June 12 (4 calendar days before).
- If (during the spring session), the course start date is on January 21, students will be able to access their course on January 16 (5 calendar days before).Your Course Start DateDate Your Course is
Available in BlackboardJune 1May 28June 3May 30June 12June 8
Start Your Course
Once you have registered and paid for your course, follow these steps to get started:
- Set up your Owl Mail email account
- Access your Online Classroom (as soon as it is open)
How to access your online course is determined by the course and delivery format of your course. Once you have determined this information continue and click the link below to start your course.